Aired: April 11th, 2018
2:00-3:00pm Eastern Time Zone
This webinar has already aired.
We all know understanding the voice of the customer (VOC) is vital, yet many companies struggle to give their company comprehensive,unbiased, believable data. Learn a five-step approach your company can execute to gain a sustainable competitive advantage.
Common Challenges facing manufacturers:
- Needs are collected unscientifically, diminishing credibility
- Needs reflect legacy opinions that are outdated today
- The loudest voice in the room or the last lost sale misdirect needs
- Many departments don’t believe them and so don’t take action
What you will learn:
- A 5 step process to conduct comprehensive and accurate VOC data.
- How to conduct recorded interviews that pull needs from your target market
- How to create a Primary Needs Table that your whole company will use
- How to get your market to prioritize the primary needs
- How to motivate your company to align with the customer needs
This technique, adapted from AMS, produces a powerful set of needs in the customers’ own words and priority. Solid, usable VOC data gives companies a competitive advantage,” says Chip Burnham, co-founder of Fairmont Concepts.
All you need to know to execute effective VOC research into your target end market. First, a set of 12 to 25 Primary Needs are identified through recorded interviews, then these needs are prioritized by the marketplace into a 2x2 grid through an online survey (see example).
Chip Burnham and Brian Kent are co-founders of Fairmont Concepts, a consulting agency that helps manufacturers improve the performance of their commercial engine. They have extensive experience in manufacturing and are the authors of the book MarketMD™ Your Manufacturing Business and an ongoing series of articles in the Fabricator.com entitled Grow Your Business.